Carol Burnett and Julie Andrews hamming it up Sondheim-style while presenting at the 1999 Tony Awards.
An incredibly rare (and, until now, unheard of) audio of Angela Lansbury performing “Rose’s Turn” … LIVE.
I have never heard that monologue performed better. It didn’t even seem like a monologue. It seemed like the real Rose!
Holy shit. I worship the person who posted this … and I worship Ms. Lansbury even more. WHOA.
Let Me Entertain You (from Gypsy)
Performed by Ann Reinking, Donna McKechnie and Chita Rivera
For anyone who hasn’t already seen this gem.
Heather Lee & Tammy Blanchard, Gypsy
Bernadette Peters, Gypsy
Life Lessons Via Stephen Sondheim
- Careful the things you say, children will listen.
- Everybody’s got the right to be happy.
- A person should celebrate everything passing by.
- It’s the little things you do together that make perfect relationships.
- Everybody ought to have a maid.
- Nice is different than good.
- Don’t be afraid that it won’t be perfect. The only thing to be afraid of, really, is that it won’t be.
- Anything you do, let it come from you — then it will be new. Give us more to see.
- If you wanna bump it, bump it with a trumpet.
- And for God’s sake, finish the hat.
Ethel Merman - Everything’s Coming Up Roses
The Ethel Merman Disco Album